Great offers on in Cardiff
Penny pinchers who love a bargain
started by Tommowinnie (17 September 2008)
17 September 2008
I’ll start us off with some great offers I’ve been e-mailed this week:
1. Ha! Ha! Bar & Grill - bring a friend for free.
If you and your mate go to any of the Ha! Ha! bars across the country you can get the cheapest meal free. To get the voucher, just go to the website http://www.hahaonline.co.uk/ and follow the instructions.
2. Wales Millennium Centre - 10% off drinks order at any Foyer Bar. Drinks must be ordered at least 1/2 hour before a performance. You have to sign up to their newsletter and get the voucher from there.
3. Pizza Hut - www.pizzahut.com - if you sign up for their newsletter, they are currently sending out 50% off any total meal bill vouchers. Coolio!
4. Haveli Indian Restaurant on City Road has a great introductory offer on at the mo. You can get a 3 course meal for £8.95 (any starter except the King Prawn, any main course with rice and 'veg of the day!’ and a dessert or coffee)
5. Zushi - go after 9pm and all blue plates on the conveyor belt are £1 and all other plates are £1.50. Drinks are still bloomin expensive though!
Anyone else know of any good offers?
17 September 2008
I’ve found some more (courtesy of Money Saving Expert)!
6. Old Orleans are offering 2for1 on Fajitas all day Mondays to Thursdays. No voucher needed, just visit the restaurant between those days to get your 2for1 and you could save yourself as much as £12.25 on a standard chicken fillet Fajita. This offer cannot be used on bank holidays or in conjunction with any other offer, clubcard, discount or voucher and does not include the combo Fajita. The offer is ongoing until further notice.
7. Register your email address at the Slug and Lettuce website and it’ll let you print out a £5 off £10 spend voucher. Uniquely, this voucher can be used on both food and drinks, so you needn’t even have a meal there to use it. Be sure to register with a valid email address though; you’ll need to click a confirmation email to get to the voucher-printing screen.
You can also get two Jose Cuervo Tequila Margaritas and a bowl of nachos to share for £9.95 at Slug and Lettuce by printing off this voucher. With cocktails at the Slug averaging £4.95 and nachos costing around £7.45 you could save up to £7.40 with this voucher.
The voucher is valid until 30 September 08 and is not available in Scotland. Remember to present the voucher before you order your drinks.
8. La Tasca £5 off when you join its club - Click 'n’ print an online voucher - Tapas restaurant La Tasca’s offering £5 off a bill of £10 or more when you join its club and agree to receive its email newsletter (there’s a La tasca in the Brewery 1/4 off St Mary Street).
Simply sign up http://www.latasca.co.uk/find-us.html, click the link in the confirmation email and print out the voucher. Take the voucher and proof of ID into your nearest La Tasca to get £5 off your food bill. Your voucher will be valid for two weeks after the date of your registration. Maximum of one person per voucher per day and eight people per table. You can’t use the voucher with any other offer.
Who said eating out had to cost the earth???
1 February 2009
At the moment, Zizzi and La Tasca have great offers - go to their websites to print off the 2for1 and 50% off (respectively) vouchers.
Also, restaurant Ask has 2 main meals for the price of 1 (until 13th feb) but you have to get the voucher from the Daily Mail website. If you can stomach going to the Daily Mail’s website.
I saw on Qype this week that if you live or work in Cardiff that you can apply to get a permit type thingy that lets you visit the castle for free! Details on cardiff castle website apparently. I’m off to check it out…
8 November 2010
scream pubs do pound a pint offers once a week, I think at the george its currently thursdays but check cause it has been known to change. you do have to get a scream card for the offer, meaning you need to be a student however they definitly worth it even if you have to try blag a student to get you one.