QypeApp - news, tips, tricks and help
News, feedback, support and help for the QypeApp, the handy guide to everything in your pocket!
started by Phil Chambers ( 5 December 2008)
12 January 2010
Radar for iPhone Version 2.3.1 (includes mobile vouchers and twitter updates) is now available on the iTunes store. More details here: http://en.blog.qype.com/2010/01/12/qype-radar-for-iphone-...
Let us know what you think.
6 March 2010
Am I missing something or are favorites in Qype Radar separate from those in Qype.com? Do I really need to look up everything twice (once in Qype.com and once in Qype Radar)?
[Not sure this is the best place to organise software support. However, there doesn't seem to be a proper support site for Qype Radar either.]
6 April 2010
Have used Radar a couple of times. It's great. Couple of questions:
- when adding photos, seemed to force portrait mode and crop, but not sure if really did
- on reviews would like more info on user, so can gauge if real user or PR fake e.g.number of reviews, member since etc, links to other reviews.
7 April 2010
Love the app, nice and simple which is what you need.
Probably too late for next version if these not already added, but here goes my wish list:
- do you downscale images to size you store them in-app before upload? If not then that would save some bandwidth and make slightly smoother and easier to use - and make me more likely to upload more images.
- why is the (i) button settings, I expected help or about?
- trying to find things in a different city is not as easy as it could be, I got lost in the menues a couple of times, add a "where" field to search page instead of top right ... there is a learning curve to do that when it could be intuitive instead (but not sure how to make intuitive ... sorry)?
- link on "more" button to open qype page in safari - though may be ambiguous if there is a URL for the venue.
Looking forward to the new improved app ... we just launched one so know how much work is involved (british military fitness, up there in featured at mo - check it out)
Hmmm used the app more now and "get" the where feature a bit better. confused me at first
samellis edited this post 9 April 2010