Golders Green, London
4 Accommodation Road, Golders Green, London NW11 8ED
- Golders Green Station (0.3 km)
- Swiss Cottage Station (1.0 km)
- Finchley Road & Frognal Station (1.0 km)
- Contact us:
020 8458 3368
1 review of M.O.T. Inventories in English
The nearly 30 pages report for a small house (7 rooms + garden) was very detailed - which in general is good for all parties.
noting that window sills are lightly dusty, the front reception room windows covered in "London dirt" on the outside and counting the hooks and nails in the cuboard underneath the stairs is a bit too detailed! Especially given the fact, that they failed to identify several real issues and potential problems for us, when we move out at some point in the future:
- they missed a 2.5 foot long crack on a wall
- they didn't have a look in the loft, otherwise they had found a leaking roof
- they failed to identify that the fuse board has a sticker saying "last checked 1986, next recommended check 1991" (I'm writing this just before Christmas 2012!!!)
- they also didn't identify several holes through walls and window frames which had been drilled by previous occupants to pass cables through
- they failed to check the radiators - three of seven did have broken thermostats
- and they also did not notice that there was no cold water available from the shower! (lowest setting was about 45°C! which could have caused 1st degree skin burns)
If we hadn't demanded these things being added to the report, our landlors would be able to claim we drilled the holes, are responsible for the cracked wall and other problems.
I understand that they are neihter responsible for checking electric and gas appliances nor able to do it, but they should at least demand to see a copy of the service reports for these installations and attach it to the report. Otherwise there might be a saftey risk to the people renting the place they checked.
Comment Be the first to comment on this review for M.O.T. Inventories
Write your review of M.O.T. Inventories
Places nearby M.O.T. Inventories
Your bookmark has been removed
Your bookmark has been saved
Did you know?
You can access your bookmarks from our mobile apps!
From now on, we'll make sure you get updates about this place.